[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD Import issues with Geo Subjects

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Thu May 7 11:09:00 EDT 2015

Hi Claire,
Could you clarify what you mean by the names are not matching? Like is the
subject not coming over as "Scotland -- Edinburgh" or it is and that isn't
how you want it structured?

-Maure

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM, KNOWLES Claire <Claire.Knowles at ed.ac.uk>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  Our EAD import jobs are not matching up with geographic subjects as the
> subjects are saved as hierarchical terms e.g. Scotland — Edinburgh so the
> names are not matching. How can we reference these geo subjects in the EAD
> so they do match up on import and we don’t get duplicates? Sorry if I’m
> missing something obvious.
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Claire

Maura Carbone
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4659
415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
email: mauraa at brandeis.edu