[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD - Print to PDF @ v1.1.2 - can't display Chinese Characters

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Mar 18 07:01:11 EDT 2015

Hi Sheila,

So, I just confirmed that the library ASpace uses to convert EAD to PDF  ( Apache FOP ) replaces missing fonts with this "#", so we need to add a way to include additional fonts for the PDF generation.

I've added a ticket here:

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1159

In regards to your other two EADs, it looks like you have some data problems.

PC004 has a couple of notes that include <?> which invalidates the XML.

Hopefully we can add the additional font feature in an upcoming release.

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/