[Archivesspace_Users_Group] seeking volunteer for program committee for ArchivesSpace member meeting at SAA

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Mar 13 08:36:51 EDT 2015

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

ArchivesSpace is pleased to announce that there will be an ArchivesSpace member meeting held in conjunction with the Society of American Archivists meeting in Cleveland in August. This half-day program on the Saturday afternoon of SAA will provide an opportunity for staff from ArchivesSpace member institutions to share ideas with each other, hear from the ArchivesSpace Board and program staff, and learn more about ways to deploy ArchivesSpace in their institutions. More information about the program, format, and location will be forthcoming.

Lynda Kachurek of the University of Richmond and Melissa Wisner of Yale University, along with logistics guru Kenna Juliani of LYRASIS, are joining me in the planning efforts. I am currently seeking one more volunteer to serve on the program committee for this event with us. While I'm very glad of any help or suggestions people have to offer, I am particularly hoping to add someone to the program committee who meets the following criteria:

*         Is a staff member of a nonacademic ArchivesSpace member institution.

*         Will be attending SAA in Cleveland this year.

*         Can commit to up to 5 hours per month of volunteer work in the months leading up to the meeting, as well as at the meeting itself (actual time commitment will vary based on what's going on, but this is to give you an idea of what may be expected).
Please contact me at christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org> if you'd like to volunteer (or have someone in mind whom you'd like to volunteer), or if you have any suggestions for the meeting itself. We look forward to sharing more with you about the member meeting at SAA as plans develop.

Best,
Christine

Christine Di Bella
Program Assistant