[Archivesspace_Users_Group] reordering from merge

Lora Davis ljdavis at colgate.edu
Mon Mar 9 19:02:23 EDT 2015

No advice to offer, but to express a simple "you are not alone."

I've recently begun doing the same - merging detailed collection-level
records created during a collection inventory with existing container lists
ead-ified from Excel thanks to the new ASpace-friendly update to Steady.
The first (small) collection merged beautifully with all components
remaining in desired order; following the exact same procedures a second,
much larger (of course!) collection came out as what I've taken to lovingly
calling "component soup."

I've stopped with this work for the time-being in the hopes that the
upcoming patch might help.  Fingers firmly crossed.

Lora

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM, MATTHEW R FRANCIS <mrf22 at psu.edu> wrote:

> All,
>
> I recently encountered a "new for us" reordering problem while working in
> ASpace v.1.1.2.
>
> This time the reordering occurred when you used the merge function to
> merge together two resources records (was attempting to merge a resource
> record with an inventory and minimum collection level data into a resource
> record with rich collection level inventory but no inventory) .  Once the
> merge was complete the series were reordered in a random fashion (e.g. it
> went series 9, 11, 2, 1, 6, etc.), but the original order for all the
> archival objects under each series was maintained.
>
> Not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue, but thought it was
> worth reporting.
>
> -Matt
>
> Matt Francis
> Archivist for Collection Management