[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD3 update and AS considerations

Brian Hoffman brianjhoffman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 07:13:29 EST 2015

I can’t speak to any project-planning intentions, but I suppose this integration could mean one or both of two things:

1) revising the ASpace data model to track the revisions EAD3 makes to the model implicit in EAD2 (which largely informs the ASpace model).
2) adding a new importer and exporter for EAD3.

These may end up getting conflated a bit if for instance the current ASpace data model can’t cleanly map to EAD3 out of the box (meaning that #1 will be a condition for #2).

As a developer, I looking forward to seeing the conceptual changes in EAD3 but hope it will be the last time the lingua franca of structured archival data is delivered as a monolithic serialization scheme.

Brian