[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Voting Round 1: summary and thanks for voting!

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Jun 8 13:12:00 EDT 2015

Dear ArchivesSpace Members,

Thank you to all the ArchivesSpace member institutions that voted on the Group 1 user stories. We were pleased to hear from representatives of 60 of our 222 member institutions (as of the time of the close of voting on May 31). For the first time doing this, we think that's a great show of participation and look forward to even wider participation in the future!

We thought we'd share just a few statistics on the voting.

1. We heard from:

*         26 of 41 Very Large institutions

*         13 of 29 Large institutions

*         4 of 34 Medium institutions

*         7 of 45 Small institutions

*         10 of 73 Very Small institutions
2. You can see the entire results of the first round of voting by clicking here<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1182?filter=10800>. (As this is a dynamic set of results, it may reflect changes that happened after the cut-off date.)

3. Of the 117 issues that were being voted on, 108 of them received at least one vote. The 10 issues that got the most votes are:

AR-1182<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1182>

As a repository manager, I would like the code for the Yale container plugin to be integrated into the ArchivesSpace code base.

AR-1132<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1132>

As an archivist, when deleting an Archival Object I want a confirmation of the object being deleted

AR-840<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-840>

As an archivist, I want to define, save, and later invoke a resource record template that includes default values and a specified order for notes

AR-1135<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1135>

As an archivist, I would like to edit records with large numbers of associated instances.

AR-1218<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1218>

As a repository manager, I would like to have the option to record a Date Label via the Rapid Data Entry templates for resources and digital objects.

AR-1147<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1147>

As an archivist, I would like to record a date qualifier as part of a valid LCNAF entry.

AR-1086<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1086>

As an Archivist, I want to search for a particular Container and find which components are linked to it within the context of a specific Resource

AR-1217<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1217>

As a repository manager, I would like to have the option to record a Note Label via the Rapid Data Entry templates for resources and digital objects.

AR-1189<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1189>

In MARCXML export, the Preferred Citation note for a Resource record is being mapped to the MARC 534 field, instead of the 524 field.

AR-985<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-985>

Agent roles not present in exported EAD

The ArchivesSpace team and the Features Prioritization subgroup will be analyzing the data and determining how best to incorporate it into ongoing development efforts. Additional rounds of voting will be announced later this year.

We'd love to hear any feedback on this process - what worked or didn't work for you - whether your institution participated or not. Please drop me a line if you have any comments. Thanks to all for your participation and for your ongoing support of ArchivesSpace.

All best,
Christine

Christine Di Bella
Community Outreach and Support Manager