[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace 1.3.0 - Difficulty removing a repository

Terry Brady Terry.Brady at georgetown.edu
Mon Jul 27 18:17:25 EDT 2015

We are running a test instance of ArchivesSpace 1.3.0 that contains
multiple repositories.

I would like to delete the contents of an individual repository, and I have
not been able to do this successfully.

When I attempt to remove a repository via the UI, I received a repository
not empty error.

[image: Inline image 1]

I attempted to delete the same repository via the API, and I received a 409
error code.

Now, when I attempt the delete via the UI, I see the following error in the
log file:

D, [2015-07-27T18:07:33.844000 #5071] DEBUG -- : Thread-1462298: Responded
with [409, {"Content-Type"=>"application/json", "Cache-Control"=>"private,
must-revalidate, max-age=0", "Content-Length"=>"120"},
["{\"error\":\"Record deletion failed: Java::JavaSql::SQLException: Lock
wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction\"}\n"]]... in 161805.0ms

Since I am still testing the migration process, I hope to be able to delete
& refresh the contents of individual repositories.

As a work around, I attempted to delete individual resources within the
repository via the UI, and I saw the following error:

[image: Inline image 3]

Could you all offer any advice on how I could work around these issues?

Thanks, Terry

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)