[Archivesspace_Users_Group] add user defined fields to advanced search?

Noah Huffman noah.huffman at duke.edu
Mon Jul 27 16:36:59 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a few user defined fields to the advanced search drop downs in the staff interface and can't quite get it to work.

I've updated the search_definitions.rb file in the plugins/local directory and the fields appear as expected as additional options in the search drop-downs, however, I'm not getting any search results when searching in these fields.

Here is an example of a line I added to the search_definitions.rb file:

AdvancedSearch.define_field(:name => 'user_defined_enum_1', :type => :enum, :visibility => [:staff], :solr_field => 'user_defined_enum_1_enum_s')

Have I done something wrong here, or is there some additional step to add the user defined fields to the index?

Thanks for any advice,
-Noah