[Archivesspace_Users_Group] API export (/repository/$repo/resource_descriptions/$id.xml) fails but manual EAD export works.

Steven Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 13 17:53:09 EDT 2015

We’re migrating some content from our test server to a new production server.
I’ve been setting up some scripts to generate initial users (from LDAP) and
repositories, and to export resources from the test server.

I have noticed a couple of resources where using the API call:

	GET /repositories/$repo/resource_descriptions/$id.xml

creates a zero length file, while doing an EAD Export from the browser works correctly.

One possible pattern I’ve notices is that all of the files that fail have an empty <dsc>
in the manual export. These are resources that are still in process of being edited.
The manual exported file validates against the EAD schema. There must be something different
in that resource_description pathway that doesn’t like the empty <dsc> .

— Steve Majewski