[Archivesspace_Users_Group] What is the role of digital_object_components ?

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Thu Feb 19 09:51:21 EST 2015

Hi, Kari,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  The ArchivesSpace team was gathered at a retreat the last two days.

Let me answer your question in two parts:

1) The files can be loaded anywhere where they are web accessible.  In the examples I showed some of the files are on ArchivesSpace server and others are in the San Diego Supercomputer Center cloud.

2) Two file types can be displayed inline.  Those file types are I believe JPG and GIF.  The requirements are:

a)            http / https URI to an image file on the file version sub-record

b)            file format name = "JPEG..."  | "Graphic..."

For example:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D04C29.A5991EB0]

All other file types will open in a new window.

Brad