[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Keeping track of ArchivesSpace projects

Reese, Terry P. reese.2179 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 17 11:37:17 EST 2015

I've mentioned this before, but with the community license in place, it might be time to start looking at having a setup that looks more like the Hydra project.  There is the core hydra gem, but all the gem sets built up around it that are part of the larger project live in a common space: https://github.com/projecthydra and are contributed using the same community license allowing the community to use and grow the projects.  It also indicates some level of support to ensure projects evolve with the system.  If most local development is being conceptualized as plugins or gems to be used to enhance the core system, this type of model might work.  Though, I'm sure others may have better ideas.

--tr

[The Ohio State University]
Terry Reese
Head of Digital Initiatives
University Libraries
320F 18th Avenue Library, 175 West 18th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-8263 Office / 614-407-4998 Mobile
reese.2179 at osu.edu<mailto:reese.2179 at osu.edu> / http://library.osu.edu / http://reeset.net