[Archivesspace_Users_Group] FW: Rapid Data Entry

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Dec 9 14:14:19 EST 2015

Forwarded for Lydia Tang.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tang, Lydia [mailto:ltang5 at mail.lib.msu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:04 PM
To: archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: Rapid Data Entry

Hello,
I have really been enjoying using the Rapid Data Entry - it really helps me enter in a lot of information very quickly and efficiently.  I have two questions/suggestions:
1. Could there possibly be a way to do Rapid Data Editing as well?  For example, if I realize later that I need to update the instances or other details, it would be great to have a table where I can change things very quickly, as opposed to opening, editing, and saving each object.
2. Also, sadly, there has been times when I’ve accidentally clicked outside of the Rapid Data Entry box, immediately canceling the function and losing completely whatever I was working on.  Like closing a web browser with lots of tabs open, could there possibly be a confirmation window that pops up, just to avoid these possible situations?
Thanks so much for your help!
Lydia