[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Anyone using Shibboleth for authentication to ArchivesSpace?

Eric J. Bivona Eric.J.Bivona at dartmouth.edu
Thu Dec 3 12:08:48 EST 2015

Ian,

> On Dec 3, 2015, at 10:44, Hardy, Ian <ihardy at email.gwu.edu> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has set up an ArchivesSpace instance with Shibboleth for authentication. I've seen this sketch of an alternate authentication system:
>
> https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/backend/Authentication.md
>
> Has anyone done something like this in production?

I implemented a CAS-based authentication mechanism for ArchivesSpace:

	https://github.com/dartmouth-dltg/aspace-omniauth-cas

I believe it can be used as the basis for implementing other SSO systems, given that it is built on OmniAuth.  We tend to use Shibboleth/SAML for external services, and CAS for internal, so I haven’t pursued such an implementation.

Feel free to fork the above repo; I’m happy to answer any questions about it.

-Eric Bivona
 Digital Library Technologies Group
 Dartmouth College Library