[Archivesspace_Users_Group] re-indexing procedure

Douglas James Simmons dsimmons at siu.edu
Thu Dec 3 11:16:25 EST 2015

Hi.

https://github.com/hudmol/archivesspace
states:
"To force ArchivesSpace to reindex all records, just delete the directory /path/to/archivesspace/data/indexer_state."

Chris said:
"You probably need to rebuild your index from scratch. Delete your index and your indexer_state files."
I take this to mean deleting solr_index/index and indexer_state/*

Is one of these more correct than the other?

This came up because of Matt looking for a way to resolve the "not found" collection entries. Apparently, what I did yesterday was just completely wrong. Instead of doing either of the above, without referring to docs I deleted only solr_index/index . Upon restarting and waiting overnight, I now have NO records left, only the repositories show up now. Whoops...

Thanks,

DOUG SIMMONS
Assistant Manager

MORRIS LIBRARY - SYSTEMS