[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory Council Integrations sub-team

Max Eckard eckardm at umich.edu
Wed Dec 2 08:49:19 EST 2015

Good morning everyone,

I write to introduce you to a newly formed ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory
Council sub-team, the Integrations sub-team.

This sub-team supports integration work with which the ArchivesSpace
program is engaged. Currently, such integrations include Aeon,
Archivematica and Social Networks and Archival Context, but will include
others. Members of this sub-team work with the ArchivesSpace developers and
staff of other products to determine and help complete the work necessary
to complete an integration of ArchivesSpace with some other product. Such
work may include determining scope, writing specifications, and testing
implementations.

That's at least our preliminary description. These are the members of our
team (in addition to myself):

   - Patrick Galligan (RAC)
   - Cory Nimer (BYU)
   - Kari Smith (MIT)
   - Phillip Suda (Tulane)
   - Chris Fitzpatrick (ArchivesSpace)

This information, as well our meeting notes and a work plan for 2015-2016
are available under the Integrations sub-team page
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AC/Integrations+sub-team> on
the ArchivesSpace wiki. Currently, we're working to define our role with
regard to various integrations and to come up with a mission statement.

Please feel free to take a look and get in touch if you have questions or
comments!

Thank you,
Max

--
*Max Eckard*
*Assistant Archivist for Digital Curation*

Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113
734/763-7518 <734.763.7518>