[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Removing records and moving them to separate repository?

Noah Huffman noah.huffman at duke.edu
Tue Aug 11 17:03:12 EDT 2015

Patrick,

I've batch transferred resource records to another Repository using the API.  If you can get a list of the resource record IDs you want to transfer, you can batch transfer with the command below:

curl -H "X-ArchivesSpace-Session: $Token" -d "target_repo=[backend-url]/repositories/[destination_repository_number]" "[backend-url]/repositories/[source_repository_number]/resources/{11,21,31,41,51<http://aspace-backend.lib.duke.edu/repositories/2/resources/%7B11,21,31,41,51,61,71,81,211>,221,231}/transfer"

http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/?shell#post-repositories-repo_id-resources-id-transfer

I'm pretty sure you'll lose any links you've established between those resource records and other record types that are scoped to a single repository, particularly accession records.  But, maybe this isn't an issue if these are all book records.

Also, I vaguely remember that there may be some limit to the number of resource records you can list in the curl command above (a few hundred?).

-Noah

Noah Huffman
Archivist for Metadata and Encoding
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University