[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Turn off Logging of db username and password

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Tue Aug 11 05:51:47 EDT 2015

Hi Joshua,

Agreed that the password should be removed from the URL being printed to the log.

The config.rb file is a ruby file that's interpreted by the application. So if you don't want the password stored in this file as text, you can always do something like store it in an environment variable, encrypt it, or store it a file in another location. You should also lock down the file level permission on application, and you can also lock down the access to the MySQL to only allow specific users from specific IPs.

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/