[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Config Settings

Steinbeck Archives archives at steinbeck.org
Mon Aug 10 12:14:50 EDT 2015

Hi Chris,

What happens is that I create say, an agent record for a person, but when I go to browse agent records, that new record does not show up in the listing (and so I cannot link it to the subsequent records I am making).

When I open the tables in the MySQL workbench, the record is there but it seems like one column of it is just off in some way. Like in one instance the "creator" column for that record was listed as null, even though it was listed as "administrator" in all other cases.

If, instead, I try to re-create the same agent, I get the error saying that Authority ID needs to be unique.



From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of Chris Fitzpatrick <Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2015 2:31 AM
To: Archivesspace Users Group
Subject: Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Config Settings

Hi Lisa,

What do you mean "does not display"? They are not showing up in the agent index pages on staff UI, public UI, both? Or when you open the record there is an error?


Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of Steinbeck Archives <archives at steinbeck.org>
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2015 8:02 PM
To: Archivesspace Users Group
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Config Settings


Earlier I asked about configuring ArchivesSpace for Windows. I've since scrapped that plan and have installed it running with Fedora Workstation v21. The set up I have currently is mostly a stop-gap measure until the Center figures out where we will host our catalog.

I followed the instructions from github and have gotten things to work mostly. However, I am having problems when saving certain items. For example, I made an agent/person entry which saved properly, but it did not display. It was not until I went into the MySQL database and manually tweaked "created_by" from null to "admin." Little things like that happen when I have been creating records, fields are null or otherwise slightly off. On the other hand, I have had no problem saving/displaying the children I've spawned from a resource I started a few days ago.

The problem so far has been with creating agents and subjects. Everything in these areas seems to get saved to the database, but just slightly incorrectly, such that it won't be displayed.

I am wondering if there's some setting in the config.rb that I haven't set properly.


Lisa C. Josephs


National Steinbeck Center

1 Main Street,

Salinas, CA

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/pipermail/archivesspace_users_group/attachments/20150810/8fa4e082/attachment.html>

More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group mailing list