[Archivesspace_Users_Group] help using Shibboleth for staff-side authentication

William Helman whelman at ubalt.edu
Thu Apr 23 14:02:36 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I was wondering if any other campuses out there have experience implementing Shibboleth to authenticate the admin portion of ArchivesSpace?

The University of Baltimore is starting phase two of implementation, moving our ArchivesSpace instance out of on-campus-network-only access to open Internet access. To make this move, our campus IT would like (if possible) to enable Shibboleth single sign on for the admin portion interface.

We looked around a little and the most recent discussions on the topic seem to be from 2013 (here<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/archivesspace/S2lxhOZKStc>), which point towards this GitHub documentation<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/backend/Authentication.md>. Our IT folks are hoping that they could speak with someone who has experience implementing Shibboleth in ArchivesSpace, in order to help us move forward here.

Thanks,

  -Bill

--
Head of Digital Services. The University of Baltimore, Langsdale Library
whelman at ubalt.edu | 410-837-4209 | http://whelman.com | @thinkpol