[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Restoring deleted record gotchas - deleted_records

Schelby, Russell schelby.1 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 23 11:07:37 EDT 2015

Hello,

We are planning on restoring a record and archival objects that were accidentally deleted, and I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom about the process.  I was going to just (carefully) poke it in via the database, best-practices be darned :-)

So far the only outstanding question that I have is the deleted_records table in the database.  Each of the items removed was recorded there, and as far as I can tell, then the records deleted from the resource and archival_object tables.  If I poke the records back in the database, should I remove the corresponding lines from deleted_records or just leave well enough alone?  Anyone have experience with this, or know when and where deleted_records is used later in the system?

Thanks!

Russell

Russell Schelby
Project Manager, Business Analyst
Applications, Development & Support, OSU Libraries
Schelby.1 at osu.edu,  614.292.0961