[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Accession Records Notes Field

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Apr 21 09:04:46 EDT 2015

Hi Lindsay,

Hopefully others will jump in to give you some ideas of how they're recording accruals in ArchivesSpace, but I wanted to point out that, by default, accession records in ArchivesSpace include a General Note field. The contents only display on the finished record if there is something in the field, but it is available at any time during the creation and editing process. If you create a new accession record or edit an existing record, you'll see it after Retention Rule and before Acquisition Type. Is this what you had in mind, or are you looking for something else?

(On your other question, in my previous life as the manager of a small archival repository using Archivists' Toolkit, typically I would create a new accession record for each accrual and link them to a single Resource record. New to ArchivesSpace, there is also the possibility of linking accessions together using the Related Accessions area, as well as the ability to spawn a new Accession from an existing Accession to save time if much of the information is repeated.)

Best,
Christine

Christine Di Bella
Community Outreach and Support Manager