[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Public DevServer and Records/Results

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Mon Apr 6 13:15:37 EDT 2015

Phil,

I might be completely misunderstanding, but if you have everything set up and the public interface is running (and you haven't changed the default port or URL), then you should see the public version at port 8081.  Example: http://test.archivesspace.org:8081

If you have data in the database, it should display in the public interface.  Also, once the data has been indexed by Solr, you should be able to see those records by searching / browsing the interface (whether public or staff). The URLs in the staff and public interface currently use primary keys from the database - e.g. the 2 and the 15 in the following URL are primary keys in the database, http://test.archivesspace.org:8081/repositories/2/archival_objects/15. So, even if an index hasn't caught up, you should be able to test URLs in the public interface immediately by looking at the database backend and creating a list of URLs to check out.

Does that help at all, or did I completely misread your email (which is an easy thing for me to do right after lunchtime)?

Mark

P.S.  I'd love to hear more about the display customizations that you're making to the public interface!