[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Parallel Expressions in Extents

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Fri Apr 3 10:36:41 EDT 2015

Hmm, I suppose it would depend on how you want it formatted. I admit I'm no
an archivist and so I'm not familiar with how thing 'should' look according
to DACS. One option would be to keep the 'main' part of the extent as the
extent label and then include the second part in a physical details note,
although it doesn't seem that that note gets displayed on the public page.
You could modify the display for that part of the page if you wanted it to
show.

The only other option I could think of would be to create a plugin that
allows for a second parallel statement where things are displayed 1st
Statement (2nd Statement). You'd have to modify a number of files -- I took
a crack at it but I think I might have done something wrong as it doesn't
appear to be rendering. Does anyone know if a plugin is incorrectly written
do we get an error or does the system just load the defaults? If anyone
wants to take a look feel free! I don't know ruby that well and also might
be missing some files needed to make it happen.

-Maura