[Archivesspace_Users_Group] java: busy busy busy

Douglas James Simmons dsimmons at siu.edu
Thu Sep 25 12:33:14 EDT 2014

Java is consuming over 300% cpu on a 4-core system. It varies a little, but never drops below 100% (1 core) for more than a few moments. I visited the Solr logging page and see many entries like:
"10:30:30 	SEVERE 	SolrCore 	java.lang.NullPointerException"
Then I started looking through thread dumps, trying to find some clues. I tried using the dumps in the Solr interface and also that generated by kill -3 and the jstack utility. But, I'm not conversant enough with java to really find what I'm looking for, I'm not even sure I'm looking at the right data. Can someone help me diagnose this?

Thanks!

Doug Simmons
Procedures and Systems Analyst II

MORRIS LIBRARY - SYSTEMS