[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD Import questions

Galligan, Patrick PGalligan at rockarch.org
Tue Oct 7 14:35:05 EDT 2014

I've been playing around with the newest release candidate and I just had a couple of quick questions:

1.       A while back Mark Custer identified: "@id and @parent are not included on container elements in the EAD export, but they were with the AT. There is NO way to group instances any longer once an EAD file is created. This is a problem if we want to use multiple instances at any one level of description." This issue is happening with EAD import as well, and causes problems when you export ead from AT and try to import it to AS. When a component has multiple instances AS tries to merge all of those instances into a single one. This is still happening on the latest release candidate. Is this on your guys' radar?

2.       In a recent EAD test I exported EAD from AT and imported it into AS. According to the import log, AS finished step 5 (Cleaning) but failed and threw this up:

IMPORT ERROR:

What is the system trying to tell me here?

Patrick Galligan
Rockefeller Archive Center
Assistant Digital Archivist