[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Testing feedback

KNOWLES Claire Claire.Knowles at ed.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 11:17:49 EST 2014

Hi,

We have been testing the new version of ArchivesSpace at the University of Edinburgh, concentrating primarily on the import of existing EAD. We have found the following issues:

- Some characters within the EAD are causing errors, which stop the browse by resources, subjects and agents pages from loading on the front-end. We are getting lots of the following errors in the logs. (file attached)
- Line-wraps in <unitid> not recognised and only content up to the line wrap is imported
- Import messages are not always clear, it would be really useful to see the line number from the EAD file
- After cancelling an import job the queue did not clear and we had to restart the Tomcat web server to resume importing
- Can the Digital Object links open in a new browser window?

Thanks

Claire, Grant and Rachel

--
Claire Knowles