[Archivesspace_Users_Group] [archivesspace] Re: v1.1.0 maintenance plugin

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Tue Nov 4 16:05:01 EST 2014

Hi Steven,

Excellent question. The plugin will include a subset of the commits to master. We're going to cherrypick commits that can fix smaller (especially EAD import/export)  or critical issues. Major fixes and feature requests will be saved for formal releases.

It's a bit of a departure from the formal release cycle, but we had feedback from a lot of members who didn't like having frequent updates. We ran into a counter problem of having longer time between updates equated into longer wait times for fixes. I'm hoping this will work as a easier way to apply needed patches.

If this works, I think future releases could have the maintenance plugin checked out and loaded by default, so pulling patches will be even easier...

Let me know what you all think...

best,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/