[Archivesspace_Users_Group] search behavior

Christine Di Bella cdibella at ias.edu
Mon Mar 17 12:10:44 EDT 2014

(Apologies if this has been answered before.)

Now that I have more data in my test ArchivesSpace instance, I'm noticing
things that I'm sure have been there all along and I just didn't realize
it. Is the search engine on ArchivesSpace set up as an "OR" rather than an
"AND"? Any multi-word search I do pulls up way more results than I would
have expected, i.e. any record of any type that has any of the words
included. (Perhaps this may also be part of the reason that provided LCNAF
plugin seems to be virtually unusable?) Since Google and its ilk have
spoiled many of us, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying an "AND" search would
be more useful.

I do see that I can use quotation marks or "and" between search terms to
further focus searches for my own records (though doing so seems to have
no effect on the LCNAF plugin). That's definitely helpful.

Is this the intended behavior? Are more advanced search and faceting
browsing capabilities intended for near term future releases?

Best,
Christine

Christine Di Bella
Archivist
Shelby White and Leon Levy Archives Center
Institute for Advanced Study
Einstein Drive
Princeton, NJ  08540
Email : cdibella at ias.edu