[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Linking location data to containers

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Thu Jun 19 16:31:31 EDT 2014

Hi, Jennifer and Joan,

We have started to address the "thinness" you each noted about the ArchivesSpace user documentation.  A sub-group within the User Advisory Group has conducted a gap analysis of the user documentation against the application (i.e., identifying what in the application is not documented or is documented inadequately).  The next step for this sub-group is to develop a plan for addressing the needs identified in the gap analysis.

At the same time, the ArchivesSpace training program has developed documentation to support 2-day on site ArchivesSpace workshop focusing on a range of basic functions in the application.  The workshop documentation is probably closer in form and feel to that of the Archivists' Toolkit:  more definitions and more screen clips.

The workshop documentation has helped to surface a basic question about ArchivesSpace documentation:  should the workshop documentation replace the current user documentation and be used as a model for completing the user documentation and, on the other hand, should the current user documentation be used to support workshops.  A joint meeting of the UAC documentation sub-group and the trainers is to take place within the next several weeks to discuss this question more thoroughly, particularly what it will take to make such a shift.

Best,

Brad W.

Bradley D. Westbrook
Program Manager
brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
800.999.8558 x2910
678.235.2910
bradley_d_westbrook (Skype)

1) against the application (what in the application is not explicitly documented) and 2) for completeness (what might be added to