[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ref_ID plug-in

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Jun 18 05:47:02 EDT 2014

Hi Ben,

Hm, this is working for me, but I bet there's something ( like a space? ) in your repo_code?

Try this:

AppConfig[:refid_rule] = "<%= ( repository['repo_code'] + '_' +  resource['formatted_id'] + '_' +  SecureRandom.hex).gsub(/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-_:\.]/, '_') %>"

This should convert all the bad characters ( like spaces) into _'s.

I think all the ref_ids should be generated using this rule, even those imported from AT. The archival_object model has the auto_generate hook added to it, so anything that is created via the backend will have this hook executed on create...however, I could be wrong about this...

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/