[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Location of finding aids

Emma Jolley EJOLLEY at nla.gov.au
Thu Jun 12 21:06:12 EDT 2014

Dear Brad and Patti

At the National Library of Australia we read your post relating to the availability of PDF versions of finding aids with great interest.

We are currently trialing ArchivesSpace as a replacement for Archivists' Toolkit, which we have been using as our collection management system for archival material since 2008.  Our users (both Library staff and researchers) rely heavily on the PDF finding aids that we are currently able to generate from Archivists' Toolkit.  These documents have the benefits of human-readability, portability and printability that are essential to facilitating use of our collections, and we see it as one of the requirements prior to our proceeding with the move from Archivists' Toolkit to ArchivesSpace.

Happy to provide more information if needed.

Best wishes from Australia

Emma, Megan and Douglas

Emma Jolley
Curator of Digital Archives