[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AT > ASpace migration questions

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Jul 23 06:31:22 EDT 2014

Hi Ed,

Glad to hear about your migration and thanks for letting us know about these issues...

Some responses:

Agents do not display in the Public interface, meaning no Creators or Personal/Corporate names appear in the search results or as an option to browse; nothing displays when the “Names” category is selected. It says “No records,” but they’re there on the Staff side.

Hm... For the agents to display, they need to be associated to a published resource. Do you have an agent that is associated to a published resource? Can you see that agent in the published resource on the public side?

HTML markup does not display; instead it shows the mark-up itself (I believe this is a known ASpace bug and being addressed).

Which context is this in? Notes or titles? Also, be aware adding certain HTML to your data can make your EAD export invalid...

This is a known issue...https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75502994

·         Lengthy text in Scope & Contents Notes (eg) do not show paragraph breaks, but instead display as one long paragraph. When viewed on the Staff side, it does format properly when viewed as Formatted Text (not Raw).

A feature request has been added for this.. https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72606134

    External links (URLs) we’ve inserted in a S&C note do not actually link out.

How are you adding these urls to the note?

     Perform an Advanced Search and view first set of results; then advance to next page of results. This second set of results is not based on the original search but appears to be the results of searching everything!

Yikes. I just replicated that. Definitely a bug...hard to believe nobody has caught that one yet. Make a ticket for that here :

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75503592

 Search does not highlight your search terms. Can it?

Short answer is yes. This is actually a Solr configuration that would need to be made to return highlight text in the search results.

However, there is a feature request to have this native  in the application here : https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66505844

There is no Go to Next Folder (eg Component) feature; in other words when viewing any folder, it would be nice to simply click a button to see the next (or preceding) folder (or item).

Ok, so is this in the public interface only? So, if youre looking at a resource in a folder, you'd like a button just to take you to the next folder rather than having to go back to the top level view and select the next folder?

best, chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/
________________________________
The University of Pittsburgh has successfully migrated its data from AT to ASpace, meaning we have worked out any transfer problems so 100% of our records migrate. Now we are carefully reviewing the data in the Public ASpace interface and have observed the following which we’d like comments on:

·         Agents do not display in the Public interface, meaning no Creators or Personal/Corporate names appear in the search results or as an option to browse; nothing displays when the “Names” category is selected. It says “No records,” but they’re there on the Staff side.

·         HTML markup does not display; instead it shows the mark-up itself (I believe this is a known ASpace bug and being addressed).

·         Lengthy text in Scope & Contents Notes (eg) do not show paragraph breaks, but instead display as one long paragraph. When viewed on the Staff side, it does format properly when viewed as Formatted Text (not Raw).

·         External links (URLs) we’ve inserted in a S&C note do not actually link out.

Bug?

·         Perform an Advanced Search and view first set of results; then advance to next page of results. This second set of results is not based on the original search but appears to be the results of searching everything!

Interface questions:

·         Search does not highlight your search terms. Can it?

·         There is no Go to Next Folder (eg Component) feature; in other words when viewing any folder, it would be nice to simply click a button to see the next (or preceding) folder (or item).

I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. We’re at the stage of determining what we need to address versus what is a bug or other issue that the ASpace developers need to address.

Thanks, Ed

Edward A. Galloway
Head, Archives Service Center
University Library System