[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Fields carried over to resource record when spawning

Kottman, Miloche mkottman at ku.edu
Mon Jul 14 15:06:16 EDT 2014

I've been working with Accession records in the Sandbox (version 1.0.9) to see what fields are transferred to the resource record when "spawning".  The documentation indicates only the following fields are mapped to the resource record AND the documentation points out that Deaccession records linked to accession records are not transferred.
Accession record
(field labels)

Resource record
(field labels)

Identifier

(linked under Related Accessions)

Title

Title

Content Description

Note Type="Scope and content note"

Condition Description

Note Type="General physical description note"

Linked sub-records:

  *   Dates

  *   Extents

  *   Rights

Linked sub-records:

  *   Dates

  *   Extents

  *   Rights

Linked records:

  *   Accession to Resource Names

  *   Subjects

Linked records:

  *   Resource to Accession Names

  *   Subjects

However...
When I spawned a record this morning, the following additional sections from the accession record were pulled into the resource record verbatim:

*         Instances

*         Deaccessions

*         Collection management

*         User Defined
I didn't have a Classifications field in the accession record but it's likely it would have transferred also.

Is this behavior a bug or a feature?

--Miloche Kottman
University of Kansas Libraries