[Archivesspace_Users_Group] API export and Planned Import/Export functionality

Matthew Farrell matthew.j.farrell at duke.edu
Mon Jul 7 10:16:40 EDT 2014

Hi all -

We've been querying the backend via the API in the hopes of getting archival object data, any associated digital objects and those DO's metadata, and the AO's arrangement within the resource record's tree. My goal is to get digital object data as well as information about the object's host resource. Thus far, I've been able to get JSON records that show each of the three components in separate exports:

-exporting the tree shows me the arrangement of AOs in the resource record
-exporting an AO shows me any associated DOs
-exporting the DO shows the DO's metadata

Ideally, I'd be able to get the metadata in a single record (MODS, METS, JSON), but so far have been stumped.

The Digital Object Export mapping spreadsheet<http://www.archivesspace.org/sites/default/files/ASpace-Dig-Object-Exports.xlsx> suggests that exporting a DO as a MODS or Dublin Core record should also return metadata about the object's host collection, but it appears that such an export does not include this  information presently. Is this a planned feature for the next release? Something that is/was under discussion?

Best,
Matthew
--
Matthew Farrell