[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD import error: Unexpected Object Type in Queue

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Fri Jan 31 08:24:32 EST 2014

Hi Jaime,

Yes, that is a rather cryptic error. What I've found is that is usually the case when the importer runs into something that didn't get properly closed, if that makes sense...for example, the importer thinks that it should be back to working on the parent archival_object but the queue just returned a child note_singlepart that wasn't (for whatever reason) properly processed, saved, and moved out of the queue.

You are exactly right about what goes into the note_singlepart.
Would it be possible for you to email me a zipped copy of your EAD so I can test it out?

We are working on improving the error messaging, so hopefully things like this will be more apparent...

thanks! best,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | chris.fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Developer, ArchivesSpace
http://archivesspace.org/