[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Help with backup

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Feb 26 08:37:29 EST 2014

Hi Karen,

Apologize about the delayed response. I was out ill the last couple of days.

No, this is not a dumb question at all...it is in fact a bug that was fixed last month (just after the 1.0.4 release).

To fix this, just download this script => https://github.com/hudmol/archivesspace/commits/master/launcher/backup/lib/backup.rb ( click the "Raw" view on Github and use the browser's "Save As" to save the raw script to your computer).  Replace the launcher/backup/lib/backup.rb with this downloaded version.

Alternately, you can just add :

require 'asutils'

To line 12 of your current script (that's the only change).

That should let you run the backup.bat script without any issues...

Let me know if that works.

best,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | chris.fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Developer, ArchivesSpace