[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Help with backup

AOM Archives archives at mobilearchdiocese.org
Mon Feb 24 13:21:07 EST 2014

I really hope this question is not too dumb, as I am still really new at
working with DOS and am barely keeping by head above water.

I have Archivesspace running on my Windows 7 laptop against a MySQL
database. I am now trying to figure out how to back up my data. I think the
directions in the Wiki are mostly Unix-based, so I have been getting some
help to try to translate them to DOS. When I run what I think is the
correct script, I get an error when it tries to write the zip file. Below
is the output that I receive when I run this script, and there is no zip
file created. Help?

C:\archivesspace\scripts>backup.bat --output C:\backup\testbackup.zip
--mysqldump
C:\archivesspace\scripts\\../config/config.rb
C:\archivesspace\scripts\\../config/config.rb
2014-02-23 12:49:55 -0600: Writing backup to C:/backup/testbackup.zip
INFO: Previous snapshot status: {}; snapshot:
NameError: uninitialized constant ArchivesSpaceBackup::ASUtils
  const_missing at org/jruby/RubyModule.java:2684
         backup at ../launcher/backup/lib/backup.rb:104
           main at ../launcher/backup/lib/backup.rb:145
         (root) at ../launcher/backup/lib/backup.rb:149

Karen Horton, CA
 Archivist, Archdiocese of Mobile