[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Customizable Staff-Side Interface?

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Tue Feb 18 09:38:12 EST 2014

Hi Jamie,

Well, I would say the interface is very customizable?, but it requires going in editing the source code and rebuilding, so it depends on how comfortable you feel doing that.

What you're looking to do would be in the these files:

https://github.com/hudmol/archivesspace/blob/master/frontend/app/views/resources/_form_container.html.erb

https://github.com/hudmol/archivesspace/blob/master/frontend/app/views/notes/_form.html.erb

The first is the partial for editing/creating a resource. The second is the partial for the resources' note.

You could modify these files to render out the note partials broken out as their own sections.

I can do an example of how this would work if you feel that rebuilding AS from the source.

Or do you think this should be a feature request?

best,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | chris.fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Developer, ArchivesSpace
http://archivesspace.org/