[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Automatic Logout

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Mon Feb 17 16:39:25 EST 2014

Hi, Jaime,

An adjustment has been recently made for this problem (https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/53749855) and will appear in upcoming release planned for some time next week.

Brad W.

Bradley D. Westbrook
Program Manager
brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org<mailto:brad at archivesspace.org>
800.999.8558 x2910
678.235.2910
bradley_d_westbrook (Skype)
[cid:image003.png at 01CE734E.FD759D30]

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org [mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org] On Behalf Of Jaime Margalotti
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 4:22 PM
To: archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Automatic Logout

I had a staff member working on creating a new accession.  When she went to hit the save button, she said that the system immediately logged her out and her work was not saved.  What I suspect happened is that the system had already logged out due to a break in inputting.  I realize that people need to save proactively, but I still have two questions ...

How long is the time between last action and automatic logout?
If you have an edit screen open, will it let you continue to input data even if you are technically logged out?  If so, is there a way to make it obvious that you've been logged out, so you don't accidentally spend time working on a record that you will not be able to save?
Thanks,
Jaime

--

Jaime L. Margalotti

Senior Assistant Librarian

Manuscripts and Archives Department University of Delaware Library

Newark, DE  19717-5267

302-831-0554

jmargalo at udel.edu<mailto:jmargalo at udel.edu>