[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Java CLASSPATH startup issues

Cornelison, Lee cornelison at mitre.org
Fri Dec 19 07:25:53 EST 2014

Chris,  we are installing ArchivesSpace 1.1 on a Windows server, where we are using the procrun approach to run as a Windows service against a remote MySQL database.

When we launch ArchivesSpace as a foreground service (running the archivesspace.bat script)  the app starts up fine.

When we try to start up the ArchivesSpace as the service instance your scripts created, I get the following errors:

"db_url": "jdbc:mysql://mysqlsrv2.mitre.org:3306/archivesspace?user=archivesspace&[SECRET]useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8",

D:/archivesspace/gems/gems/jdbc-mysql-5.1.13/lib/jdbc/mysql.rb:3 warning: already initialized constant VERSION
E, [2014-12-18T13:01:02.544000 #5164] ERROR -- : Thread-3238: DB connection failed: missing class or uppercase package name (`com.mysql.jdbc.Driver')
E, [2014-12-18T13:01:03.153000 #5164] ERROR -- : Thread-3238: ***** DATABASE CONNECTION FAILED *****

I know the MySQL connector is OK, and the Windows %JAVA_HOME% variable is being read.

Any ideas how to solve this Java class path issue?

Lee Cornelison
Electronic Records Management Service Architect
R504 - Electronic Content and Records Services
The MITRE Corporation<http://www.mitre.org/> | Bedford, MA
202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730
1-781-271-5051 | cornelison at mitre.org<mailto:cornelison at mitre.org>