[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace admin/frontend URLs are context dependent

Steven Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Thu Dec 11 13:07:42 EST 2014

Not sure if it’s a bug or a mis-feature:

We just discovered that ArchivesSpace admin/frontend URLs are context dependent on which repo is selected.

When I send a URL to a colleague and they attempt to open it, if they have a different repo
selected from the one I have selected, they get the error:

Record Not Found
The record you've tried to access may no longer exist or you may not have permission to view it.

This is going to make collaboration somewhat awkward!

The public links don’t have that context dependency, and to link back to the frontend EDIT uri,
the EDIT button uses an indirect link:

http://archives-test.lib.virginia.edu:8080/resolve/edit?uri=/repositories/8/resources/3978&autoselect_repo=true

— Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library