[Archivesspace_uac] Free Council learning opportunity!

Valerie Addonizio vaddonizio at atlas-sys.com
Wed May 3 08:47:43 EDT 2023

Members of Councils:

One last reminder for this opportunity! Please only register if you plan to attend; If you have already signed up and cannot attend, please cancel as far in advance as possible.

Council leaderships is excited to announce that Council members have access to the GitHub for Everyone workshop free of charge! Many thanks to Christine for making this happen in a year where we tried to focus on training opportunities for council members. The below is text from her regarding the registration process to benefit from the waived fee, but please note the request to only register if you plan to attend.

People planning to attend should register themselves at https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=F667FAD1-4FB4-ED11-80FF-00155D0A2732

Checkout as a non-Lyrasis member (it doesn't matter if you are one or not for this purpose) and use the promo code aspacecouncils23. This promo code will set your registration fee to zero. The promo code field will appear after you've entered your basic information and confirmed you aren't a robot.

Out of courtesy to the instructors and in recognition that this would be a fee-based class for most people, I request that people only sign up if they will attend. If they sign up and later find they can't attend, they should follow the instructions they get in their registration confirmation to cancel as far in advance as possible. Also, this program is not being offered by ArchivesSpace. Any questions about the class (beyond what we've discussed about relaying information to Blake about content of interest) should be directed to the Lyrasis classes people.

I hope this will be a useful opportunity for Councils people to acquire some new knowledge and potentially shape future offerings in this area. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please let us know if you have any questions!