[Archivesspace_member_reps] personnel update

Robert Miller Robert.Miller at lyrasis.org
Tue Oct 18 13:34:39 EDT 2016

To the ArchivesSpace community,
It is with regret that we received notice that Brad Westbrook, ArchivesSpace Program Manager, wishes to move on to pursue new opportunities after three years of dedicated service with the ArchivesSpace program. He will be missed.

Brad has worked tirelessly since 2013 to help position ASpace for success in the community. He was one of the original architects of the Archivists Toolkit when he was at UCSD, and has been instrumental in bringing the software to archivists ever since.  In his role at ArchivesSpace, he has helped navigate the myriad issues associated with bringing a new software service to the community. Brad’s familiar face was often seen at SAA and the many events, conferences and hackathons that he participated in or led.
Fortunately, Brad will remain in his position for the next six weeks with the ArchivesSpace program and LYRASIS, the Organizational Home, to help find a suitable replacement. He will also help in the recruiting and hiring of a tech lead.
While November 30th will be his last day as Program Manager, Brad has kindly agreed to continue working with ASpace on dedicated projects after that.   We will announce more details on that as specific plans are confirmed.
Laurie Gemmill Arp, Director of Collections Services and Community Supported Software at the LYRASIS Organizational Home, to whom Brad reports, will work closely with Brad and Christine Di Bella during this transition to ensure that commitments are reviewed and kept.
We wish Brad well in his future endeavors.
If there are questions, please feel free to reach out to me, Robert Miller, CEO of LYRASIS which is the Organizational Home for ASpace (robert.miller at lyrasis.org<mailto:robert.miller at lyrasis.org>).

Sincerely,

Robert
 Robert Miller
Chief Executive Officer
1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309
Cell: 415-640-1092
Toll free: 800-999-8558
Skype: Robert-Miller

[cid:152E64D5-4E98-43BE-8C93-F62E3E18C830 at dia.dnvr][cid:88B96204-848E-450E-AFEA-1E44142C5004] <https://twitter.com/lyrasis>