[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Memory problems

Chelsea Lobdell clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu
Wed Aug 2 14:10:54 EDT 2017

Hi Megan,

Our installation of Archivesspace had very similar performance problems.
The logs were full of Java heap stack and out of memory errors. Solr logs
were will of Sever errors and the application started crashing. At first, a
restart would fix it but eventually, it would reach a slow down state very
quickly after a restart. Lyrasis sys admin pointed me to this ticket and
this plugin:

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-137

https://github.com/lyrasis/events-deduper

I recommend running the following query on your DB:

mysql> SELECT
  id,
  archival_object_id,
  event_id,
  role_id,
  COUNT(*) as duplicates
FROM `event_link_rlshp`
GROUP BY archival_object_id, event_id, role_id
HAVING duplicates > 1
ORDER BY duplicates DESC;

If you have a high number of duplicates, I would try the plugin.

- Chelsea

*Chelsea Lobdell*
*Library Web Developer/ Swarthmore College*
*clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu <clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu> / (610)690-6818*