[Lyrwaldo-] Welcome to the LYRASIS listserv for WALDO libraries

WALDO WALDO at Lyrasis.org
Mon Sep 27 12:45:12 EDT 2021

Dear WALDO Member –

This is the first announcement to the LYRASIS WALDO listserv. The listserv will be the primary means for LYRASIS to communicate information that is relevant to the whole WALDO group. You should have received a welcome message from the listserv earlier today with instructions to opt-out if desired. It is strongly encouraged that at least one person from each WALDO institution be signed up to receive listserv communications.

My name is Beth Scheinfeld; I am the project manager for the WALDO transition and will be your first point of contact at LYRASIS for WALDO related business.

Recap of Recent Events:

In late July 2021, the WALDO Executive Board emailed all WALDO member contacts on file that they would be transitioning from their existing operational agent to LYRASIS in this fiscal year. LYRASIS is starting our work this fall for subscription renewals with terms beginning on January 1, 2022. All new orders and renewals for WALDO members will be processed through LYRASIS after that date. Our collective goal along with the vendor community is to make this transition as seamless as possible for WALDO members.

Renewal Process:

The LYRASIS Transition team has been in touch with the WALDO vendors and we are preparing notices for subscriptions renewing January 1, 2022. We will begin sending notices for your January renewals this week and will continue throughout the fall as we receive pricing from the vendors.

Before sending renewal notices, we will contact you with a request to confirm contact details and with your MyLYRASIS login credentials. Each WALDO Member institution will be given access to the MyLYRASIS portal where you will review and approve renewal quotes.

Open sessions with members of the WALDO board and LYRASIS will be scheduled for October. This will be an opportunity for you to hear more about the administrative changes at WALDO, view a MyLYRASIS demonstration and for us to address your questions.

Written instructions and short how-to videos for using MyLYRASIS will be provided. Office hours will be offered throughout the fall for you to drop-in and get answers to your questions about renewals or MyLYRASIS.

What’s next?

Stay tuned for more messaging to this list in a few days with information about open sessions with the WALDO board, the new website for WALDO libraries, an FAQ, where to find a LYRASIS W-9 and more.

I look forward to working with you all, and to creating a smooth transition for processing your renewals over the next several months. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Beth Scheinfeld
WALDO Transition Project Manager
800-999-8558 x2903 (toll free)