[nfais-l] RSVP now for the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference, Feb. 26-28, Alexandria, VA!

Ken Berlack kberlack at nfais.org
Fri Jan 27 11:54:59 EST 2017

59th NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference - The Big Pivot: Re-Engineering Scholarly Communication

Date: Sunday-Tuesday, February 26-28, 2017

Location: Hilton Alexandria Old Town, 1767 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314

Registration: http://www.nfais.org/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=72&eventId=518882&orgId=nfais&recurringId=0

What's Covered:
With a new administration having just taken the reins of government, there is a degree of flux and uncertainty in regard to key issues that impact information service, such as federal R&D appropriations, open access to federally funded research, copyright protection and many related issues.

At the same time, the scholarly record is undergoing a transformation - or "big pivot" - in how it functions and serves the information and research communities. Never before has there been such a high degree of opportunity and challenge surrounding the information community.

With this dynamic in play, there's no better time than now to join with your colleagues and peers to engage in the urgent task of setting the future course of information services. Register now for the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference<http://www.nfais.org/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=72&eventId=518882&orgId=nfais&recurringId=0>, focusing on "The Big Pivot: Re-Engineering Scholarly Communication," February 26-28, in Alexandria, VA.

The NFAIS Annual Conference agenda this year is all about the "big pivot" underway in information services and scholarly research and communications:

  *   The University of Florida's Dean of University Libraries, Judith Russell, will deliver the 2017 Miles Conrad Memorial Lecture
  *   Our Keynote speaker, Dr. David Fajgenbaum, MD, MBA, MSc, FCPP, named by <http://www.forbes.com/30-under-30-2015/#/healthcare> Forbes<http://www.forbes.com/30-under-30-2015/#/healthcare> as one of the top 30 young scientists changing the world
  *   Our new Breakout Session/Group Discussion in which attendees problem-solve with colleagues on industry challenges and opportunities
  *   Delta Think's latest research on the Open Access Market to help organizations navigate market dynamics, trends and drivers
  *   Our annual "Startup Shootout" featuring a set of information industry startup companies which will pitch their ideas and business models to a panel of expert judges
  *   Previews of emerging solutions and new technologies shaping the scholarly record, researcher behavior and discovery

Please note, with the conference right around the corner, our Conference Hotel, the Hilton Alexandria Old Town, offers a special discounted rate of $165 per night through February 3, 2017 - but room inventory is very limited, so register now.

Click here for more conference/hotel information and to register: http://www.nfais.org/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=72&eventId=518882&orgId=nfais&recurringId=0

See you in Alexandria, VA!

NFAIS is grateful for the support of our sponsors. For our list of current sponsors and information on becoming a sponsor of the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference, click here: <http://www.nfais.org/sponsorship-opportunities> http://www.nfais.org/2017-conference-sponsors

Federal Employees:
Contact Elinda Deans (ehar at loc.gov) regarding use of your FEDLINK training account to register for the NFAIS 2017 Annual Conference.

Contact:
For more information about our conference, please contact Nancy Blair-DeLeon, NFAIS Director of Professional Development, at 443-221-2980 ext. 102 or nblairdeleon at nfais.org<mailto:nblairdeleon at nfais.org>.

Subscribe<http://multibriefs.com/briefs/nfais/> to NFAIS Advances e-newsletter!

NFAIS
www.nfais.org<http://www.nfais.org/>
nfais at nfais.org<mailto:nfais at nfais.org>
@NFAISForum<https://twitter.com/NFAISForum>

Ken Berlack
Director of Marketing and Communications
NFAIS
801 Compass Way, Suite 201
Annapolis, MD 21401
443-221-2980, x103