[nfais-l] NFAIS Announces Call for Presentations for 2016-2017 Lunch & Learn Education Series

Ken Berlack kberlack at nfais.org
Thu Jun 9 10:20:19 EDT 2016

NFAIS Announces Call for Presentations for 2016-2017 Lunch & Learn Education Series

June 9, 2016, Annapolis, MD - The National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS(tm)), a global nonprofit membership organization serving the information services community, announces a Call for Presentations for its 2016-2017 Lunch & Learn with NFAIS virtual education series<http://www.nfais.org/call-for-presentations>. The submissions deadline for the 2016-2017 series cycle is Monday, August 1, 2016.

Building on a successful first year of this program, NFAIS is seeking a new set of knowledgeable and articulate experts to share their insights and expertise with their peers and colleagues in the information services community. Lunch & Learn with NFAIS sessions are free for NFAIS members to attend and accessible to non-members for a nominal fee.

"We're delighted to see our Lunch & Learn with NFAIS series really take root over the past year with our group of quality presenters and engaged session attendees," says Marcie Granahan, NFAIS Executive Director. "To continue this momentum, we urge prospective speakers, in our new round of Lunch & Learn sessions, to take advantage of this special presentation opportunity to challenge current thinking, highlight industry trends and new technologies, while motivating others in the pursuit of excellence. We certainly look forward to the next set of Lunch & Learn with NFAIS presenters in the months ahead."

Under the submission guidelines, presentation submissions should focus on new innovation or emerging technology in scholarly publishing and research; new or emerging practices for greater efficiencies, user engagement and/or improved quality; case studies that demonstrate successful partnerships or business models; industry research or studies that highlight or illuminate new thinking, analysis and innovation on the future of information services; and creative solutions to existing challenges within the information services community.

All submissions will be reviewed by the NFAIS Workshop and Webinar Planning Committee, and are selected based on: relevance to the information industry; overall quality; timeliness of the topic; speaker qualifications; and a well-defined focus within selected content area.

To submit a presentation online, visit: http://www.nfais.org/call-for-presentations

About NFAIS (www.nfais.org<http://www.nfais.org/>):
The National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS(tm)) is a global, nonprofit, volunteer-powered membership organization that serves the information community - that is, all those who create, aggregate, organize, and otherwise provide ease of access to and effective navigation and use of authoritative, credible information. Member organizations represent a cross-section of content and technology providers, including database creators, publishers, libraries, host systems, information technology developers, content management providers and other related groups. They embody a true partnership of commercial, nonprofit and government organizations that embraces a common mission - to build the world's knowledge-base through enabling research and managing the flow of scholarly communication. NFAIS exists to promote the success of its members and for more than 50 years has provided a forum in which to address common interests through education and advocacy. To learn more, visit: www.nfais.org<http://www.nfais.org/>.

Ken Berlack
Director of Marketing and Communications
NFAIS
801 Compass Way, Suite 201
Annapolis, MD 21401
443-221-2980, x103