[nfais-l] Corrected URL

jilloneill at nfais.org jilloneill at nfais.org
Mon Mar 11 09:55:41 EDT 2013

Registration will close at noon on Thursday, March 14th for the NFAIS Workshop, Information Discovery and the Future Role of Abstracting and Indexing Services. The workshop is scheduled to take place on Friday, March 15th from 9:00am -  4:45pm EST in Philadelphia, PA.  Virtual registrations are available. This workshop will provide an overview of the history and current status of today’s Abstracting & Indexing Services (A&I’s) and the challenges that they face to remain relevant in a rapidly changing information environment. Librarians will discuss how well these services meet the needs of their users and will offer insights as to how the role of A&I’s may change as libraries - and their own services - continue to evolve. The workshop will also look at the new competitors who are emerging and what unfilled needs they are attempting to address. A&I providers will offer their perspective on the current environment and will discuss what initiatives they are planning to keep pace with change.  And the meeting will close with a look at the future of information discovery and the role that both new and traditional information providers may play. The agenda can be accessed at:[http://nfais.org/event?eventID=518] http://nfais.org/event?eventID=518 .

For more information contact:  Jill O’Neill, NFAIS Director, Communication and Planning, 215-893-1561 (phone); 215-893-1564 (fax);mailto:jilloneill at nfais.org or go to [http://www.nfais.org/] http://www.nfais.org/.