[nfais-l] NFAIS Survey on DiscoveryServices: Please Respond

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Mon Nov 26 10:58:24 EST 2012

NFAIS Survey on Discovery Services:  Please Respond

In January 2010 NFAIS surveyed member organizations to determine their
involvement and experience with discovery services (we define these services
as those that provide a "single search box" to access a central index of
pre-indexed metadata and/or full text. Examples include Summon from
Proquest, Primo from Ex Libris, OCLC's WorldCat Local, and EBSCO's EDS).

In preparation for a roundtable discussion on these services, we are
repeating the survey in order to determine what changes, if any, have taken
place in the intervening time period.

Please take a few moments to complete the brief survey at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CPWHQKV .  The results will be circulated to
all NFAIS members. Please be aware that answers will not be associated with
any specific organization.  Your responses will remain confidential.

Please complete the survey by Monday, November 3, 2012.

My sincere thanks in advance.

Bonnie Lawlor

Executive Director

National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS)

1518 Walnut Street, Suite 1004

Philadelphia, PA 19102

1-215-893-1561 Phone

1-215-893-1564 Fax