[nfais-l] AAUP Annual Meeting - Registration closes June 6

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Wed May 30 07:45:46 EDT 2012

Association of American University Presses: Igniting the Future!

June 18-20, 2012 at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza

This is the last chance to register for the 2012 Association of American
University Presses Annual Meeting. Join us in Chicago June 18-20 to
celebrate the 75th Anniversary of AAUP's founding with a full program of
professional education and networking events! Space is limited, register by
June 6 if you would like to attend.

The meeting's theme,  "Igniting the Future," reflects the creative energy
and creative destruction sweeping our industry. The collision of crumbling
business models and revolutionary innovation creates sparks of opportunity
even as some of the traditions we hold dear go up in flames. Amid calls for
crowd sourcing and open access, we hold fast to the core values of
university press publishing-peer-reviewed scholarly content that will
advance knowledge beyond the walls of the academy. We likewise seek to
sustain the future of scholarly communication by committing our collective
knowledge to the leaders of the future, early-career publishing
professionals hungry for knowledge about nuts and bolts and best practices.

Scheduled speakers include experts from within AAUP and the academic and
library community.  In addition, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Neil Steinberg
will speak at the opening reception.

Ignite sessions will offer fast-paced presentations of innovative ideas.
Ignite presenters will include JC Gabel, The Chicagoan; Christina Kahrl,
Baseball Prospectus; Daniel Kibblesmith, Groupon; Shana Kimball, University
of Michigan Libraries; Demetrio Maguigad, Community Media Workshop; Kat
Meyer, O'Reilly TOC; Hal Pollard, Laureate Education; Dominique Raccah,
Sourcebooks.

The 2012 AAUP program reflects the volatility of our industry, as well as
our collective reliance on foundational skills and disciplines that have
endured for decades.

Register online today at
http://www.aaupnet.org/events-a-conferences/annual-meeting/aaup-2012/registr
ation/register-online